Location: Reston, VA OR Washington, DC
Start Date: Immediately
Who YOU are:
As a future Cloud Security Engineer at Plus3 IT Systems, you:
What you’ll be doing:
- Are passionate about working on cutting edge, high profile projects and are motivated by delivering solutions on an aggressive schedule
- Aren’t satisfied with status quo, and regularly look for creative ways to solve problems and help your team meet commitments
- Are insatiably curious – you ask why, you explore, and you’re not afraid to blurt out your crazy idea
- Love learning new technologies and sharing them with your team
- Have a keen interest in using any and all appropriate tools, especially Cloud-based and Open Sourced, to solve the problem at hand
- Have strong verbal and written communication skills, due to the dynamic nature of collaborations with customers, vendors, and other engineering teams to solve complex business problems together
- Use your experience and leadership skills to motive your teammates to deliver high quality results in a fast-paced work environment
- Supporting a large federal government agency is in the process of implementing an innovate strategy to modernize its global network and enterprise services to achieve the following objectives:
- Enable support for mobile devices and cloud services
- Empower customers to leverage cloud services while conforming to standards, best practices, and required security controls
- Streamline user access to resources and information from multiple devices anywhere in the world
- Your role is to assist the agency to design, implement and document the security controls of the system to enable the agency to achieve initial authorization. Subsequently, you will support iterations of new capabilities and cloud services via change management and continuous monitoring. You will also assist customer of the network to leverage the security controls provided so they can rapidly deploy their applications.
Desired Technical Skills and Qualifications:
- Deploy security solutions in cloud environments
- Assist the agency to devise the risk management and security authorization strategy for this integrated, cloud-based system that will be implemented in iterations.
- Design common security controls and control inheritance guidelines to support a component-based application of the security architecture.
- Develop and document system security authorization boundaries for the underlying common services and the applications they support.
- Develop and mature the security controls matrix that consolidates all applicable security controls and associated control type, control owners, implementation and status.
- Develop System Security Plans working with the engineering and operations teams to identify strategies for control implementation.
- Develop system-specific policy, process and procedures ranging from access control, vulnerability management and key management.
- Develop other security-related documents required for authorization such as categorization, contingency plans, incident response plans and privacy impact assessments
- Support continuous monitoring of the system through attendance at change management meetings, identifying impacts to security, performing assessment and communicating impact to security posture with recommendations and ongoing security control assessments and updates to key documentation.
- Experience with Amazon Web Services (AWS), ServiceNow, or Microsoft Azure required
- Strong grasp of cloud computing SaaS, PaaS and IaaS fundamentals with experience developing security plans or conducting assessments of cloud solutions.
- Any recognized security and cloud specific certifications, e.g., CCSP, SSCP, CISSP,
- Splunk experience desired
Plus3 IT Systems is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, disability, national origin, sex, pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions, marital status, age, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other class protected by law. If you require assistance applying for any position, please contact a Plus3 IT Systems representative at email@example.com.