Location: Reston, VA or Washington, DC or Quantico VA or Colorado Springs, CO
Start Date: Immediately
Who YOU are:
As a future Data Analyst at Plus3 IT Systems, you:
What you’ll be doing:
- Are passionate about working on cutting edge, high profile projects and are motivated by delivering solutions on an aggressive schedule
- Aren’t satisfied with status quo, are insatiably curious, and regularly look for creative ways to solve problems and help your team meet commitments
- Love learning new technologies and sharing them with your team
- Have a keen interest in using any and all appropriate tools, especially Cloud-based and Open Sourced, to solve the problem at hand
- Have strong verbal and written communication skills, due to the dynamic nature of collaborations with customers, vendors, and other engineering teams to solve complex business problems together
- Use your experience and leadership skills to motive your teammates to deliver high quality results in a fast-paced work environment
- Structured thinker with passion for analyzing results and digging deeper
- Disciplined self-starter with strong attention to detail and advanced analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong communicator, critical and creative thinker
- Produces timely and accurate analyses at the appropriate level of detail to enable business decisions
- Clearly presents and communicates information to customer to support decision-making
- Connect with business and mission stakeholders to focus and prioritize the customer’s analytics agenda to align with overall strategy and business/mission goals
- Collaborate within other business/mission intelligence teams to enhance the quality and value of team deliverables
- Connect with business and mission stakeholders to ensure all reporting requirements, report delivery and overall performance requirements are met
- Provide analytic requirements to design and implementation teams to ensure the development of the appropriate data environments to support the necessary data analytic requirements
- Identify, retrieve, manipulate, relate and/or exploit multiple structured and ustructured data sets from various sources
Desired Technical Skills and Competencies:
- Bachelor’s degree and 6-12 years’ experience,
- Minimum 5 years’ experience working on complex data/database projects
- Active Top Secret Clearance required with ability to obtain a TS/SCI clearance
- Technical skills in Excel, ERP, Databases and Data Visualization.
- Intellectual capacity to digest complex information, see trends and analysis through data and to translate this into concrete actions
- Understanding of data ontologies and ontology-based data integration
- Knowledge and understanding of data storage and indexing tools, such as Hadoop, Solr, ElasticSearch, etc.
- Ability to utilize Unix scripting (Ruby, Perl, Python, shell) to automate data preparation and analytic tasks
- Ability to produce clear and concise documents and diagrams capturing data relationships, analytic procedures, and results using MS Visio, MS Excel and MS Word.
Plus3 IT Systems is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, disability, national origin, sex, pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions, marital status, age, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other class protected by law. If you require assistance applying for any position, please contact a Plus3 IT Systems representative at firstname.lastname@example.org.