Location: Reston, VA or Washington, DC or Quantico VA or Colorado Springs, CO
Start Date: Immediately
Who YOU are:
As a future Data Architect at Plus3 IT Systems, you:
What you’ll be doing:
- Are passionate about working on cutting edge, high profile projects and are motivated by delivering solutions on an aggressive schedule
- Aren’t satisfied with status quo, insatiably curious and regularly look for creative ways to solve problems and help your team meet commitments
- Love learning new technologies and sharing them with your team
- Have a keen interest in using any and all appropriate tools, especially Cloud-based and Open Sourced, to solve the problem at hand
- Have strong verbal and written communication skills, and enjoy participating in dynamic collaborations with customers, vendors, and other engineering teams to solve complex business problems together
- Use your experience and leadership skills to motive your teammates to deliver high quality results in a fast-paced work environment
- Work within a team of like-minded professionals to design, build and deploy critical a data management capability, supporting industry best practices, and aligned to the agency policies and strategic plans
- Provide assessment and guidance regarding the maturity and capabilities of existing data architectures, data management and governance tools, and data warehousing solutions
- Provide SME assistance and recommendations regarding the handling of structured and unstructured data in support of discovery and transformation.
- Support the development of an enterprise data dictionary to include attribute definitions, ownership policies, taxonomies, and standards
- Assist in the creation of guidance and recommendations supporting the development, implementation, and management of data analytic capabilities to include data discovery, data access, and visualization
- Create executive level reports and briefings on data architecture, data management/policies, and data analytics
- Document and develop recommendations to establish data management roles and responsibilities across the Defense Intelligence Enterprise, taking industry and community best practices and training
- Assist in the development of enterprise data governance policies and procedures, ensure the appropriate use of datasets across the enterprise
Desired Technical Skills and Competencies:
- Master's Degree preferred from an accredited institute in computer science, math or engineering, or a bachelor’s degree and 12 years of related experience
- Possess a high level of understanding of data management function and sub-activities and an understanding of the mission of the Chief Data Office
- Minimum 5 years working on complex data/database projects as a data analyst, data architect, or database engineer
- A thorough understanding of, and at least five years of experience working in, the IC.
- Ability to produce clear and concise documents and diagrams capturing data relationships, storage topologies, system interactions, and operational procedures using MS Visio, MS Excel and MS Word.
- Top Secret Clearance (Required)
- TS/SCI Clearance with ability to obtain a CI poly (Preferred)
- Certified Data Management Professional (CDMP), Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate (Business Intelligence) or equivalent certification(s) strongly desired
- Amazon AWS or Microsoft Azure Cloud Architect Certification (or equivalent)
- Experience with commercial data governance tools
- Knowledge and understanding of various Architectural Frameworks (DoDAF, TOGAF, FEAF, etc.)
Plus3 IT Systems is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, disability, national origin, sex, pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions, marital status, age, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other class protected by law. If you require assistance applying for any position, please contact a Plus3 IT Systems representative at email@example.com.