Location: Charlottesville, VA
Start Date: Immediately
Who YOU are:
As a future Cloud Engineer at Plus3 IT Systems, you:
What you’ll be doing:
- Are passionate about working on cutting edge, high profile projects and are motivated by delivering solutions on an aggressive schedule
- Aren’t satisfied with status quo, and regularly look for creative ways to solve problems and help your team meet commitments
- Are insatiably curious – you ask why, you explore, and you’re not afraid to blurt out your crazy idea
- Love learning new technologies and sharing them with your team
- Have a keen interest in using any and all appropriate tools, especially Cloud-based and Open Sourced, to solve the problem at hand
- Have strong verbal and written communication skills, due to the dynamic nature of collaborations with customers, vendors, and other engineering teams to solve complex business problems together
- Use your experience and leadership skills to motive your teammates to deliver high quality results in a fast-paced work environment
- Lead by example, a true leader that is dedicated to helping our customers enjoy solutions crafted artistically, delivered on time, and nurturing teammates along the way
- Supporting a large federal government agency that is in the process of implementing an innovate strategy to modernize its global network and enterprise services to achieve the following objectives:
- Enable a cloud broker/service platform that allows flexibility to expand to new cloud service offerings
- Empower customers to leverage cloud services while conforming to standards, best practices, and required security controls
- Streamline user access to resources and information from multiple devices anywhere in the world
- Your role is to participate on a team that supports the agency in the design, implementation, and transition to operations cloud enabled applications and data solutions for current and future customer requirements. Subsequently, you will support iterations of new capabilities and cloud services via established engineering review, change management and continuous monitoring processes. You will participate in architecture and design sessions to develop solutions that meet and exceed security requirements, and utilize automation and other best practices to drive down sustainment costs.
Desired Technical Skills and Qualifications:
- Serve as a member of the technical team for the design and implementation of an enterprise broker platform.
- Design solutions that ensure maximum flexibility and scalability, while meeting all required security controls.
- Support the development of all required documentation necessary to support the engineering, security and operational processes.
- Develop technical and marketing materials, collaboratively with the communications team, to promote the solution for Agency-wide adoption.
- Perform business and technical alternative analysis for any/all aspects of the solution, aiding the customer is making decisions along the way.
- Facilitate the transition of the solution to operations, initially and ongoing – ensuring at all times the system is operating within the anticipated operating boundaries.
- Hands-on experience with Amazon Web Services (AWS), ServiceNow, or Azure
- Security+ Certification or CISSP
- Experience designing and delivering large-scale solutions, most of which that have advanced to the production state.
- Amazon AWS or Microsoft Azure Cloud Architect Certification (or desire to obtain certification for junior level candidates)
- Strong grasp of cloud computing SaaS, PaaS and IaaS fundamentals with experience designing and implementing solutions.
- Experience with NIST SP 800-37, 800-53 preferred
Plus3 IT Systems is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, disability, national origin, sex, pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions, marital status, age, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other class protected by law. If you require assistance applying for any position, please contact a Plus3 IT Systems representative at firstname.lastname@example.org.